This year, we’re turning it up to 11 with our annual hop-cake! Featuring Citra, Sabro, Cashmere, and Bru-1 hops, Anniversary Ale 11 is our birthday gift to all of you.
Our 11th Anniversary Ale IPA is a carefully crafted recipe of wheat and oats that creates a delicate mouthfeel, and the sheer number of hops result in a juicy, tropical beer worthy of celebrating another trip around the mash tun.
How surreal is it that Cape May Brewing Company has been around for over a decade now—from brewing our first keg and selling it to Cabanas (now Taco Caballito) in Cape May back in 2011 to having our beers in all 21 counties of New Jersey, throughout Delaware, and across eastern Pennsylvania.
To celebrate this hophead's heaven and making it to year 11, we are reflecting on our 11 favorite Cape May Brewing Company reviews from this past year!
1. “Great taste. Cape May does not disappoint.”
—Nicholas S. from Untappd gave a review about our Anniversary Ale 10 from last year.
2. “Probably the first time trying one of their lagers, [Longliner Lager] but really crispy and drinkable as one would expect from Cape May who has come with such consistency over these past few years.”
[Ed note: Well Tim K. from Untappd, we hope that wasn't your last and that you have had plenty of Longliners since!]
3. “Delicious beer, great people, awesome music and fun vibe. There’s a brew for everyone here, which is why I love grabbing a flight and trying a few different styles. Even better, though, they now have a side-pull faucet, so lagers are served how they’re meant to be. Definitely stop in.”
—Matt B. from Google, we are just as pumped about our side-pull faucet as you are—cheers!
4. “I swear that stuff can give you superpowers…”
—Regalprovince from Instagram, referring to our Coastal Evacuation brew.
[Ed note: While Coastal Evacuation does not in fact give you superpowers, it is a West Coast-style Double IPA that is as big and bold as hurricane season itself.]
5.“Definitely a destination spot well worth the drive and visit! From the moment you walk in the door and see the big, welcoming smile on the [Greeter’s] face to the Beertenders helpful suggestions with a smile! Fantastic teamwork and you can tell they really enjoy their jobs! The ambiance is fun, funky and relaxing…The huge array of beer and ale offerings is phenomenal and from the minute [you] take that first sip you can taste that hard work, heart and soul that was put into that brew! You are missing out on an adventure if you pass up on a visit here! Go! Just do it!”
—Debbie Neely from Google
6.“Was in your shop yesterday, you have the best merch!! Also you hire great people.” —Violanova00 from Instagram
[Ed note: Our Tasting Room team is spectacular, and we’re so glad that our fans agree! You can often find our Brew Crew hanging out after their shifts or at the end of a long week, because we love hanging out with those folks!]
7.“You’re at the beach, you crave a beer.. This is the place to be. Ever since the brewery opened, I’ve always made sure to stop here when I'm in the area… It's become an annual summer tradition now and I absolutely love this place…The atmosphere is just right for romantic date nights or a spot to unwind for happy hour with some friends.…can't wait to go back!”
—Ben H. from Google
8.“That's why the beverages are so good! Because the employees are sooo happy!!! Keep em’ coming.”
—JnChevyFreak showed appreciation to our production crew on their comical Instagram reel
9. “Best craft beer you can drink. Tastes great and . . . it's the freshest beer you can get. Very friendly staff and a great laid back vibe. The music out back at the Brewtanical Garden was chill and relaxing. It's a place you will go back to time and again!”
—Mary Barr Martin from Facebook
10. “Best sail sign I've ever seen. Took real beer balls to put that up. Awesome!” —Greenheadgreenaid reacted to our Instagram post of our ‘Beer as cold as your ex’s ❤️’ plane banner that you can see while relaxing on the Jersey shore beaches.
11. “Your Hard Lemonade is so tasty and refreshing. Definitely my favorite from you guys.”
—ryan_hosey from Instagram
Our Anniversary Ale 11 releases in the Tasting Room on June 24th, in New Jersey starting June 27th, and in Delaware and eastern Pennsylvania in the beginning of July. This brew is sold in 16-ounce cans, with an ABV of 8.0%, IBU of 30, and SRM of 4.0 (to mark that gorgeous golden color). Don't miss it!
We would not be who or where we are without our loyal and dedicated fans—thank you for your constant and consistent support!
Cheers to 11 years so far!