NY Wholesale Market Manager
We're looking for a beverage-sales guru to spearhead our expansion into the New York market! Apply today!
Job Summary: Cape May Brewing Company is looking for a beverage sales guru to spearhead our expansion into the New York market! The New York Wholesale Manager will vet potential distribution partners and present recommendations for review. Once our partner(s) have been established, the New York Wholesale Manager will oversee and manage the relationships with each distribution partner and provide “feet on the street” support to our partners with the goal of driving sales revenue and increasing brand awareness in the market.
** THIS ROLE IS PRIMARILY BASED IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY AND NEW YORK STATE **
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead by example in upholding the Company’s Core Values and promoting a positive and constructive working environment.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Senior Leadership team to create impactful, cost-effective programming to support our most profitable brands and drive brand awareness in the state of New York.
- Develop, analyze, and present volume and shipping goals for each wholesale distribution partner.
- Closely monitor inventory and point-of-sale levels at each wholesaler to avoid unnecessary out-of-stocks and ensure our loyal fans have a variety of product to choose from in the market with the necessary point-of-sale to support driving sales.
- Work closely with our Accounting & Finance teams to determine accurate pricing for each wholesaler and effectively communicate pricing to appropriate stakeholders.
- Utilize CRM tools such as VIP, KARMA, and Encompass to identify potential sales gaps or opportunities that exist within your market. You will share any potential opportunities with internal stakeholders and work to strategize plans to fully realize all feasible opportunities.
- Successfully organize and deliver the tactical plan via planning and review meeting to the wholesaler(s) including volume, distribution and visibility, and programming goals.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations to our wholesale distribution partners, including objectives and tactics to support achieving the goals which should include street-level support.
- Work closely with key partners to schedule and work events such as festivals, dinners, tastings and samplings, and other events to represent Cape May Brewing Company and increase brand awareness.
- Prospecting new business by determining focus areas within the market and setting up presentations and utilizing stop-by techniques. You will keep a comprehensive list of prospective customers to be used as sales leads.
- Preparing all reporting in a timely, professional, and transparent manner.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues as they arise.
- Prepare slides to review monthly during General Sales Meetings.
- Adhere to your budget while closely monitoring sales and company performance to make the necessary budgetary adjustments based on performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in beverage sales or operations with a brewery, wholesaler or distributor
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Relationship management guru who thrives on building, maintaining, and leveraging relationships to drive sales revenue
- Comfort with brewery sales technology
- Energetic, organized, and motivated problem solver
- Passionate about craft beer and have deep knowledge of the local craft market
- Have strong sales, communication and presentation skills
- Live in or are willing to move to Northern New Jersey
- Enjoy extensive car travel
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to drive to accounts located in Northern New Jersey as well as wholesalers in the state of New York
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, grasp, handle, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, bend, and type and or/write.
- Ability to handle and maneuver 30lb cases and up to 165lb kegs
- Ability to use a calculator, computer, phone
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to obtain size, shape or physical qualities of product.
- Subject to entering bars, restaurants, package, liquor and grocery and specialty product stores.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
Total Compensation Range:
$50,000 - $100,000 per year (base + bonus potential)
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Cape May Brewing Company we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
You'll love being part of our crew
Our core values
1. Be a Pro
Reliable and dependable • Take action and see it through • Lead by example • Think before you react
Whether she is behind the bar or in the Brewtique, Danielle comes in for her shifts with nothing but enthusiasm and patience and doesn’t hesitate to get the job done or assist customers no matter how busy it can get.
2. Be Direct, Honest & Respectful
Be objective, not personal • Listen first • Value other people’s time
Jason stepped up to address issues that were bothering him in a Direct, Honest, & Respectful manner. Not only was he a total pro doing it, he also made suggestions to Make It Better moving forward! Thanks for setting such an awesome example, Jason!
3. Foster Creativity
Give your intuition a chance • Try something new • Share ideas and communicate openly • Embrace change
Shoutout to JP for his work on the Blueberry Cobbler! When Brian was trialing flavors, he ended up at a bit of a crossroads. JP made a suggestion to add another flavor that we had in stock from a one-off and it turned out amazing! The beer tastes awesome! Thanks for fostering creativity, being resourceful, and making it better, JP!
4. Be a Good Neighbor
Give back and create positive change • Help others • Turn caring into doing • Be empathetic, reliable, and accessible
Thank you to ODB & her fiance/honorary Brew Crew Member, Mike! They took time out of their weekend to help some of our Brew Crew members dig out from the blizzard! Thank you both for being Good Neighbors not just to the Brew Crew but to the whole community!
5. Work Safe, Work Smart
See something, say something • No shortcuts • No one is above safety
Zach used his skill and knowledge of welding to attach handles to our grain mill and Make It Better. This was not only a great help in regards to using the machine, but it makes using the mill much easier to Work Safe, Work Smart. Thanks Zach!
6. Make it Better
Be curious • Constant improvement big and small • Accept and give feedback; we can all get better
Casey took extra time out of her already busy schedule to figure out how to use data from our social, ads, and digitial marketing avenues to create excel sheets with charts so that we can see trends virtually. This saves a ton of time trying to set everything up individually and how we can continue to replicate this success. Thanks for always Making It Better, Casey!
7. Have Fun
Celebrate the wins • Take what you do seriously, but not yourself • Make friends
Tasting Room Team
Huge shoutout/kudos to the Tasting Room team who decorated/prepared for Floral Friday. Everyone had great spirit, wore awesome floral gear, and made the Tasting Room look and feel like a tropical vacay - with a blizzard only hours away!