The Brewing Manager will help to build, inspire, and lead a world-class brewing team.
Reports to: Brewery Operations Manager, Production
Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Job Summary: Cape May Brewing Company is a rapidly growing Craft Brewery situated in the heart of New Jersey's best beach resort town, Cape May! The Brewing Manager will help to build, inspire, and lead a world-class brewing team. This is a key role within our production team that will allow you to work collaboratively with other team members and departments to ensure timely delivery of the highest quality products to our consumers
To apply, click here!
About the Work:
- You will emulate our Core Values to help foster an environment of inclusivity, employee empowerment, and servant leadership. You will hold your team accountable to also emulate our Core Values.
- You will provide inspirational leadership and coaching to a team of brewers across three shifts. You will spearhead continuous team improvement growth initiatives. You'll also lead the development of goals for the brewing team and ensure the goals are communicated to all team members.
- You'll act as the technical brewing subject matter expert and will share your knowledge with the brewing team to help foster an environment of employee growth and development.
- You'll conduct periodic training analyses to help identify any gaps in training for your team. You will use that information to develop training plans for each team member as needed.
- You will conduct regular brewing team goal review sessions as well as regular one-on-one performance feedback sessions.
- You will set up and manage the brewing and cellaring schedule to ensure the availability of on-time, in-specification bright beer for packaging through the safe and efficient utilization of people, equipment, and time.
- You'll champion safety for the entire brewery and ensure all safety protocols are adhered to. You will also ensure all quality and taste standards, GMP's, or SOP's, OSHA, and FDA requirements are adhered to at all times. You will report on any deviations or issues that arise.
- You will review all required brewing-related process data through bright beer for accuracy and conformance to specifications. You will make suggestions or recommendations for improvements to help the efficiency of the brewery.
- You will track and report all relevant operational leading KPI's on a monthly basis.
- You will assist in the New Product Development process and provide technical representation at our co-packer facilities as needed.
- You have knowledge and experience in or a degree in Brewing, Food Science, or a related discipline. Certificate from a recognized Brewing Program (i.e., Siebel, ABG, or IBD) or direct working experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- You have at least five years of progressive leadership experience in a brewery producing at least 10,000 Bbls annually.
- You have experience working with MRP platforms such as EKOS or Orchestrated Beer. You also feel comfortable working in the Microsoft Office or Google Workplace Suites.
- You have knowledge of GMP's, FDA, and OSHA standards.
- You have knowledge of HACCP and food safety.
- You may also have working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
To apply, click here!
You'll love being part of our crew
Our core values
1. Be a Pro
Reliable and dependable • Take action and see it through • Lead by example • Think before you react
Ashley personally delivered replacement beer to customers in Reading and Harrisburg, which made the customers very happy!
2. Be Direct, Honest & Respectful
Be objective, not personal • Listen first • Value other people’s time
Jason stepped up to address issues that were bothering him in a Direct, Honest, & Respectful manner. Not only was he a total pro doing it, he also made suggestions to Make It Better moving forward! Thanks for setting such an awesome example, Jason!
3. Foster Creativity
Give your intuition a chance • Try something new • Share ideas and communicate openly • Embrace change
Shoutout to JP for his work on the Blueberry Cobbler! When Brian was trialing flavors, he ended up at a bit of a crossroads. JP made a suggestion to add another flavor that we had in stock from a one-off and it turned out amazing! The beer tastes awesome! Thanks for fostering creativity, being resourceful, and making it better, JP!
4. Be a Good Neighbor
Give back and create positive change • Help others • Turn caring into doing • Be empathetic, reliable, and accessible
Thank you to ODB & her fiance/honorary Brew Crew Member, Mike! They took time out of their weekend to help some of our Brew Crew members dig out from the blizzard! Thank you both for being Good Neighbors not just to the Brew Crew but to the whole community!
5. Work Safe, Work Smart
See something, say something • No shortcuts • No one is above safety
Zach used his skill and knowledge of welding to attach handles to our grain mill and Make It Better. This was not only a great help in regards to using the machine, but it makes using the mill much easier to Work Safe, Work Smart. Thanks Zach!
6. Make it Better
Be curious • Constant improvement big and small • Accept and give feedback; we can all get better
Casey took extra time out of her already busy schedule to figure out how to use data from our social, ads, and digitial marketing avenues to create excel sheets with charts so that we can see trends virtually. This saves a ton of time trying to set everything up individually and how we can continue to replicate this success. Thanks for always Making It Better, Casey!
7. Have Fun
Celebrate the wins • Take what you do seriously, but not yourself • Make friends
Tasting Room Team
Huge shoutout/kudos to the Tasting Room team who decorated/prepared for Floral Friday. Everyone had great spirit, wore awesome floral gear, and made the Tasting Room look and feel like a tropical vacay - with a blizzard only hours away!