Do you love working in a production brewery, but are interested in getting your hands involved in the process?
Do you love working in a production brewery, but are interested in getting your hands involved in the process? Maybe you already work in the cellar, but are looking for a change with career growth and potential?
Our Cellar team is looking for hardworking, passionate team members who don’t mind diving in and making sure that fermentation, centrifuging, and carbonation of beer to packaging is executed safely, timely, and efficiently.
To apply, click here!
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead by example in upholding the Company's Core Values and promoting a positive and constructive working environment
- Dry-hopping and other post-fermentation additions to the beer
- Harvesting yeast
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks
- Maintaining fermentation and maturation flow in the Cellar
- Running the centrifuge to transfer beer from FV's to BT's
- Filling barrels for aging beer
- Sensory analysis of various products
- Ensure that the cellars are clean and organized
- Working with the packaging team, ensure bright beer tank CIP, sanitization and tank purges
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and communicate any equipment issues to the Brewing Manager in a timely manner
- Constantly strive for improvement by looking for ways to make things better, safer, faster or by reducing costs
- When needed, assist with accepting deliveries and other warehousing operations
- Assist in other areas of the brewery on an as-needed basis
- 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a brewer or cellarperson in a brewery producing 5K bbls or more OR 3 years of packaging experience in a brewery producing 10K bbls or more
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Standing for long periods of time
- Squatting, crouching, bending, kneeling
- Repetitive movements
- Lifting up to 60 lbs. unassisted and up to 160 lbs. assisted
- Manually manipulating parts, pumps and hoses
- Pushing and pulling heavy loads
- Access, input, and retrieve information from a computer
- Regularly required to reach with arms and hands
- Required to handle objects, tools and controls
- Occasionally required to climb and balance
- Use of heavy machinery, including hand pallet jacks and forklift operation
- Working individually and as a team
- Working under time pressure
- Encountering frequent interruptions
- Using effective verbal communication
- Working in hot and cold temperatures
- Working on uneven surfaces and wet conditions
- Handling hazardous chemicals
- Working around noisy machinery
- Working on ladders
You'll love being part of our crew
Our core values
1. Be a Pro
Reliable and dependable • Take action and see it through • Lead by example • Think before you react
Ashley personally delivered replacement beer to customers in Reading and Harrisburg, which made the customers very happy!
2. Be Direct, Honest & Respectful
Be objective, not personal • Listen first • Value other people’s time
Jason stepped up to address issues that were bothering him in a Direct, Honest, & Respectful manner. Not only was he a total pro doing it, he also made suggestions to Make It Better moving forward! Thanks for setting such an awesome example, Jason!
3. Foster Creativity
Give your intuition a chance • Try something new • Share ideas and communicate openly • Embrace change
Shoutout to JP for his work on the Blueberry Cobbler! When Brian was trialing flavors, he ended up at a bit of a crossroads. JP made a suggestion to add another flavor that we had in stock from a one-off and it turned out amazing! The beer tastes awesome! Thanks for fostering creativity, being resourceful, and making it better, JP!
4. Be a Good Neighbor
Give back and create positive change • Help others • Turn caring into doing • Be empathetic, reliable, and accessible
Thank you to ODB & her fiance/honorary Brew Crew Member, Mike! They took time out of their weekend to help some of our Brew Crew members dig out from the blizzard! Thank you both for being Good Neighbors not just to the Brew Crew but to the whole community!
5. Work Safe, Work Smart
See something, say something • No shortcuts • No one is above safety
Zach used his skill and knowledge of welding to attach handles to our grain mill and Make It Better. This was not only a great help in regards to using the machine, but it makes using the mill much easier to Work Safe, Work Smart. Thanks Zach!
6. Make it Better
Be curious • Constant improvement big and small • Accept and give feedback; we can all get better
Casey took extra time out of her already busy schedule to figure out how to use data from our social, ads, and digitial marketing avenues to create excel sheets with charts so that we can see trends virtually. This saves a ton of time trying to set everything up individually and how we can continue to replicate this success. Thanks for always Making It Better, Casey!
7. Have Fun
Celebrate the wins • Take what you do seriously, but not yourself • Make friends
Tasting Room Team
Huge shoutout/kudos to the Tasting Room team who decorated/prepared for Floral Friday. Everyone had great spirit, wore awesome floral gear, and made the Tasting Room look and feel like a tropical vacay - with a blizzard only hours away!