Are you easily excited by numbers? Do you enjoy working with numbers? Cape May Brewing Company is looking for a driven Accounting Specialist to join our world class Finance & Accounting Team! The Accounting Specialist totally owns the basic accounting functions and works closely with our internal teams and external vendors.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead by example in upholding the Company's Core Values and promoting a positive and constructive working environment that fosters open communication.
- Support setting up new vendors (W-9 retrieval, data entry, etc.) as well as updating vendor information as needed.
- Oversee all retail sales reconciliations and bank reconciliations. You will then use the data to update internal dashboards and the like.
- Record expenses to the appropriate GL accounts in Quickbooks.
- Process bill payments through Quickbooks or Bill.com.
- Receive, enter, and follow-up on outstanding invoices.
- Occasionally you'll need to process payments from customers or vendors.
- You will work closely with our Sales and Distribution team to assist with COD (Cash On Delivery) and other account changes or information updates.
- Occasionally research invoice short payments, credits, bounced checks, and other similar errors to reconcile accounts.
- Enter journal entries for credit card reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation, review, and dissemination of statements, reports, and dashboards as needed. This may include occasional ad hoc requests.
- Provide excellent customer service, both internally and externally when addressing customers, vendors, accounts, or the general public.
- Offer software support to other team members or colleagues.
- Responsible for maintaining organized and up-to-date electronic and paper filings.
- Working closely with the Accounting Manager to support the monthly close process.
- Represent and promote Cape May Brewery in a positive manner to guests, local residents and the general public
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience working in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- You have foundational knowledge of GAP and have worked with accounting software/systems. Knowledge of Quickbooks or EKOS is a plus.
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office and the Google Suite while using a PC/Windows 11.
- You are self-motivated, enjoy working with numbers, and have a keen eye for detail.
- You’re a quick thinker who can adapt as needed based on the needs of the business.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasional standing, bending and twisting
- Repetitive movements with hands and fingers
- Access, input, and retrieve information from a computer
- Required to talk and to hear
- Working individually and as a team
- Working under time pressure
- Encountering frequent interruptions
- Using effective verbal communication
- Working in an office environment
- Working with computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets
To apply, click here!
You'll love being part of our crew
Our core values
1. Be a Pro
Reliable and dependable • Take action and see it through • Lead by example • Think before you react
Ashley personally delivered replacement beer to customers in Reading and Harrisburg, which made the customers very happy!
2. Be Direct, Honest & Respectful
Be objective, not personal • Listen first • Value other people’s time
Jason stepped up to address issues that were bothering him in a Direct, Honest, & Respectful manner. Not only was he a total pro doing it, he also made suggestions to Make It Better moving forward! Thanks for setting such an awesome example, Jason!
3. Foster Creativity
Give your intuition a chance • Try something new • Share ideas and communicate openly • Embrace change
Shoutout to JP for his work on the Blueberry Cobbler! When Brian was trialing flavors, he ended up at a bit of a crossroads. JP made a suggestion to add another flavor that we had in stock from a one-off and it turned out amazing! The beer tastes awesome! Thanks for fostering creativity, being resourceful, and making it better, JP!
4. Be a Good Neighbor
Give back and create positive change • Help others • Turn caring into doing • Be empathetic, reliable, and accessible
Thank you to ODB & her fiance/honorary Brew Crew Member, Mike! They took time out of their weekend to help some of our Brew Crew members dig out from the blizzard! Thank you both for being Good Neighbors not just to the Brew Crew but to the whole community!
5. Work Safe, Work Smart
See something, say something • No shortcuts • No one is above safety
Zach used his skill and knowledge of welding to attach handles to our grain mill and Make It Better. This was not only a great help in regards to using the machine, but it makes using the mill much easier to Work Safe, Work Smart. Thanks Zach!
6. Make it Better
Be curious • Constant improvement big and small • Accept and give feedback; we can all get better
Casey took extra time out of her already busy schedule to figure out how to use data from our social, ads, and digitial marketing avenues to create excel sheets with charts so that we can see trends virtually. This saves a ton of time trying to set everything up individually and how we can continue to replicate this success. Thanks for always Making It Better, Casey!
7. Have Fun
Celebrate the wins • Take what you do seriously, but not yourself • Make friends
Tasting Room Team
Huge shoutout/kudos to the Tasting Room team who decorated/prepared for Floral Friday. Everyone had great spirit, wore awesome floral gear, and made the Tasting Room look and feel like a tropical vacay - with a blizzard only hours away!